DTC supports trail use organizations in and around the Coachella Valley with advocacy and expert advice on issues related to trail use and access.
- All actions will lead to environmentally friendly and pro-sheep resolution
- Public education programs will stress trail courtesy, preservation and user ethics
- Trail issue resolutions will primarily be addressed through the Trails Management Subcommittee, as called for in the Multiple Species Habitat Conservation Plan (MSHCP)
- DTC will strive to be the Go-To organization that agencies and media seek out for input and advice
- DTC will have positive influence with government agencies and private landowners with respect to trail use
- Information released by DTC will be accurate and unbiased, with a unified, consistent and balanced message on all matters relating to trails
Keep As Many Trails, as possible, Available For All Trail Users
Our job is to make sure you have the best trails experience, in the Coachella Valley, as possible while adhering to ALL laws and restrictions.
We try to provide enjoyment and so much more.
It takes special people with a knowledge of Government procedures and processes before this can occurs. That’s what we do.
Our team works to keep your trail access available as much as possible.
What We Offer
We work with our members as well as the FODM (Friends of the Desert Mountains) to keep the trails in great shape so you can use them without worries.
Trail Use Education/Etiquette
We promote trail knowledge for all users with ALL our members…
Tips to help keep our wild places wild from our friends at Leave No Trace
Check out the Approved Trailhead map to find the AUTHORIZED/APPROVED Trailheads in the Coachella Valley…
Have your Club become a MEMBER of DTC
Participate in Trail Maintenance
Become a Trail Monitor
Volunteer with one of the Coachella Valley’s non-profit organizations that focus on trail use
Join one of DTC’s member clubs
We Are the Trail Experts